Senior Project Manager (Data)
Aug 17, 2023
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson MAP is the world-leading center of excellence for Marketing Automation, Personalization, Loyalty and CRM at scale. Our mission is to deliver value for our clients by humanizing the relationship between the brand and the consumer. To do this, we help clients make data-driven and personalized experiences that can be scaled with efficiency and operationalized intelligently. We believe that serving consumers personal, mindful content in an omnichannel world is key to transforming experiences. With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 55+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to sit in our Austin, TX office, with a drive to lead projects for one of our top clients in the automotive industry. We are building a team in Austin to support the US function of Wunderman Thompson MAP (Marketing Automation and Personalization), our 360 degree consultancy arm of Wunderman Thompson. The Senior Project Manager will take the lead on our Transformation Project, while collaborating with external stakeholders as well as internal team members primarily in Austin, Toronto, Costa Rica, and Denmark.
A note about workstyle: Wunderman Thompson MAP would like candidates for this position to be comfortable going into our Austin, TX office 5 days a week at a regular cadence to help build upon our culture with the client. We will still maintain levels of flexibility within specific hours and days in-office. Candidates interested must be local to Austin or willing to relocate (with paid relocation included and available for out-of-town applicants living in the US).
What will your day look like?
As our Senior Project Manager, you will be become a part of our data operations work stream organizing and managing key client development projects for one of our largest international clients, while ensuring delivery on time, on budget, and with high quality. In the day-to-day business, you will be expected to lead projects, so strong project management skills are a must. You will play a central role throughout the entire project lifecycle; you will use your strategic thinking and management skills as well as tackling more hands-on tasks. A solid technical understanding and a strong passion for digital solutions are essential, as you will work closely with our Developers and the client's development/technical stakeholders. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Managing the client relationship and expectations excellently
- Developing project scopes, plans, and budgets
- Producing high-quality presentations for internal and client meetings
- Managing projects, which includes securing progress across different departments, and ensuring deliverables on time and within budget while proactively ensuring that obstacles are mitigated, and project risks are minimized
- Being a daily sparring partner to your colleagues.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be the linchpin in a network of closely coordinated Project Managers, Designers, User Experience Architects, and Developers. You will get competent teammates who go the extra mile to help one another. We are a flat organization that loves growing the talents of our people, and many of our people have been at the agency for a decade or longer.
What do you bring to the table?
You are an easygoing person with a proactive and positive mindset. You work to deliver the best possible outcome despite any challenges that arise. As you will be managing several projects simultaneously, you are an organized person who can keep perspective while showing great attention to detail.
In addition, you have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience being a digitally focused project manager or similar
- Extensive knowledge of what working with data, technical projects, and marketing automation platforms entails
- Experience with strategic management and implementation of IT projects, web and/or marketing automation
- The competence, confidence, and self-discipline to manage deadlines, estimates, and budgets excellently
- Great communication skills in English.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.