People Operations Director
Sep 1, 2023
About the job
We can offer you an exciting opportunity to become our new People Operations Director, where you will have the responsibility to build up our people function, driving our people strategies in alignment with our fast-paced dynamic culture. As this is a newly established role, you will use your proactive and problem-solving mind-set to create people strategies that will influence the growth and well-being of our agency.
What will your day look like?
As the People Operations Director for Wunderman Thompson MAP, you will be instrumental in shaping our people strategy. We're looking for someone who understands the nuances of a complex matrix organisation, is agile, and can create an environment that attracts, nurtures, and retains top talent, working very closely with our Talent Acquisition Director and successful Talent Acquisition team who are already in place.
More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Working with the Talent Acquisition team on internal mobility and relocations of employees and new hires globally (including VISAs)
- Develop career paths and programs for departments that align with our fast-paced, results-driven ethos, company-wide
- Be the go-to expert for Danish employment law and keep up to date with any new changes
- Design, execute, and manage an inclusive and enjoyable onboarding programme for new MAP hires
- Own and advise the board on areas covering people care, grievances, benefits, appraisals, and people development
- Growing and managing a team of People Partners, ensuring their goals are fully aligned to each business department
- Create, manage and correctly store new contracts of employment for new starters
- Focusing on creating an inclusive culture where all employees can bring their full selves to work.
Who are you going to work with?
As our new People Operations Director, you will work across the broader organisation. However, you will work very closely alongside our Talent Acquisition Director, Head of Departments, as well as being a consultant and advisor to our board on all things people related. On top of this, you will benefit from working closely with the EMEA HQ People leadership team at Wunderman Thompson.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you have a “people-first” attitude with a proactive and positive mindset. As you will act as the moral compass of the organisation, you are able to push back on behaviour or decisions that do not align with your brilliant sense of right and wrong. You work to deliver the best possible outcome despite any challenges that arise. Moreover, you are not afraid to work hands-on together with the team, and you show an example by running that extra mile! As you will be managing several projects simultaneously, you are an organised person who can keep perspective while showing great attention to detail.
In addition, you have:
- 8 + years of experience in a people/HR focused role
- Experience of building a HR function
- Experience managing a team of HR professionals
- The competence, confidence, and self-discipline to manage deadlines, estimates, and budgets excellently
- Excellent communication skills in English
- It would be a bonus if you have experience working in an environment, or in a business that has scaled rapidly.
A leader in personalised customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Centre of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper Personalisation at scale, Marketing Automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 800+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.