Jan 13, 2023
Are you a Data Engineer with a passion for building, support & maintaining digital marketing solutions that offer real value? Are you interested in working with the largest global brands and complex challenges in the media analytics space? Then you might be the Data Engineer we’re looking for!
What will your day look like?
As our new Data Engineer, you will become part of our growing Data Insights and Science team. Here, you will employ new technologies across multiple cloud platforms to help successful brands reach their next level in 1:1 retargeting, communication, and CRM. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Identify, collect, and integrate data from various sources by building high-quality data pipelines and data models for analytics and business intelligence (BI) purposes.
- Develop and optimize code to enable pipelines at minimum cost and ease of maintenance.
- Build monitoring procedures & tools to ensure solid ETL flows and data quality.
- Design processes and tools to correct ETL incidents.
- Collaborate with CRM developers, data scientists, data analysts, and product owners to ensure the supplied data supports the business initiatives.
- Consult our data analytics teams to ensure best practices on the technical use of data are followed.
- Design data architectures and collaborate in data migrations in cloud environments. Who are you going to work with?
You will join a team of highly skilled Architects, Data Scientists, and Consultants who are passionate about unlocking insights from data through analytics. You will also get to work closely with experts from other Technology, Creative, and Client Teams.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you have a team player mindset and an open-minded attitude. You can communicate ideas and technical topics honestly and clearly – also to non-experts – while respecting the views of others on the team. You are eager to understand and find solutions, allowing you to quickly adapt to changing situations and come up with new ideas.
At the same time, you solve problems in an analytical and pragmatic manner. Moreover, you have:
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering, big data, business intelligence, or data science
- 4+ years of experience in Spark, Python, Scala, or similar.
- Excellent SQL skills enabling large-scale data transformation and analysis.A comprehensive understanding of cloud data warehousing, data pipelines and data transformation (extract, transform, and load) processes and supporting technologies such as Google Dataflow, Looker, DBT, EMR, CI/CD Pipelines, Airflow DAGs, and other analytics tools.
- Experience with cloud-based data infrastructures (Ideally GCP, but AWS or Azure would also suffice)
- Expertise in managing databases, including performance tuning, backup, and recovery.
- Solid knowledge of data quality management best practices, including data profiling, data cleansing, and data validation
- Knowledge of strengths and limitations of visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.) in terms of data modeling in the visualization tools.
- Understanding of versioning control tools like GitHub to changes related to dbt models and transformations, ensuring that changes are tracked, documented, and reviewed by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Knowledge of applying data governance principles, policies, and practices that ensure data accuracy, consistency, and security
- Knowledge of Kubernetes would be an advantage
- Strong desire to contribute towards keeping data tidy and well-organized
- Ability to think critically, identify issues autonomously, and propose corrective actions.
- Build great relationships with your team and stakeholders
A leader in personalised customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Centre of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper Personalisation at scale, Marketing Automation, and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency, and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.