Senior Release Manager
Apr 21, 2023
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Release Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire release process cross teams of our software products and services. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams with a mindset of process optimization.
What will your day look like?
As our new Senior Release Manager, you will be working in a team of highly-skilled and dedicated people to deliver solutions and services to our large international clients. More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Develop, maintain, and optimize a release management process that ensures timely and high-quality releases of software products and services
- Plan, manage, and execute all aspects of the release process
- Work closely with development, QA, product team, and other stakeholders to ensure successful product releases
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues that may impact the release process
- Continuously improve the release process and implement industry best practices
- Define and track metrics to measure the effectiveness of the release process
- Communicate release status and issues to stakeholders, including product owners.
What do you bring to the table?
You will bring a wealth of experience and expertise in managing releases for software products or services. You have strong technical and project management skills, as well as the ability to identify and mitigate risks associated with software releases. You are an excellent communicator and can lead and mentor team members to foster a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in software release management. Ultimately, your role is critical in ensuring that software products and updates are delivered on time and to the required quality standards, maximizing value for the product, organization, and its customers. In addition, you have at least:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in release management or a related field
- Strong technical background and knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience with GIT, DevOps tools, and related processes
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software releases on time.
A digital leader with unrivalled CRM experience
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Center of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper-personalisation at scale, marketing automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 40+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.