Event Coordinator for Microsoft in Oslo
Nov 7, 2023
Do you have a strong sense of initiative, an eye for detail and a passion for perfectly executed events? Would you like to help drive impactful marketing activites as part of Wunderman Thompson’s work for the leading technology company, Microsoft? Then you might be the Norwegian-speaking Event Coordinator we are looking for in Oslo!
What will your day look like?
In the role as Event Coordinator, you will be the point of contact when it comes to the execution of all in-person events, and you will be the subject matter expert in modern marketing tools and services in the local team. You will be responsible for bringing together different elements in order to execute event briefs in a joined-up approach, which addresses client objectives and business challenges.
More specifically, your tasks include:
• Project coordination and planning events. Including dry runs for each event, identifying potential issues in advance, reporting on issues to request support, etc.
• Execution and management of in-person events. This includes getting all materials ready (e.g. decks, videos and captioning) and attending on-site events to ensure control and execution on time
• Acting as the subject matter expert on event platforms
• Training marketers on the utility of event platforms and educating local stakeholders on event services and tool capabilities
• Reporting to provide specific reviews and information to stakeholders, including budgeting, spending, etc.
• Obtaining insights and analyzing marketing activities to find patterns, best practices and efficiencies
• Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship. An understanding of the clients’ business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the projects and events you are working on.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be employed by Wunderman Thompson MAP and become part of Wunderman Thompson’s Marketing Coordinator Program – a large global community of around 400 employees sitting at the intersection of Microsoft’s marketing and agency teams.
Our Event Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating regularly with local team members and global peers across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as the local and global Microsoft environment.
What do you bring to the table?
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation and events. You are a team player who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented, with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company.
In addition, you have:
• Ideally completed your studies and with a marketing and/or event background
• 2 years of experience with project and/or event coordination
• Excellent stakeholder and project management skills enabling you to co-ordinate with multiple teams
• Solid skills in Microsoft tools and software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
• Fluency in English and Norwegian is crucial - enabling you to review and produce content with flawless grammar and spelling.
A leader in personalized customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading centre of excellence that helps large businesses humanize the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper personalization at scale, marketing automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 55+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Center of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.