Social Media Marketing Coordinator for Microsoft
Nov 6, 2023
Are you passionate about social media and would you like to help drive impactful marketing activities as part of Wunderman Thompson’s work for the leading technology company, Microsoft? Do you have impeccable grammar and spelling skills in Norwegian, and would you like to work with content planning and community management? Then you could be the Social Media Marketing Coordinator we’re looking for to join our team in Oslo!
What will your day look like?
In the role as Social Media Marketing Coordinator, you create and curate social media content that aligns with Microsoft's overall content strategy and regional priorities. You schedule content using Sprinklr and manage community engagement by responding to comments and messages through social channels. Advising Microsoft’s stakeholders on best social media practices, you will also provide events support and build social strategies for events. Acting as the local social media expert on tone of voice, platform features and tools, you help foster knowledge sharing and best practices for the continued improvement of the wider social media team.
More specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Adapting, editing and translating regionally produced social media campaigns to suit the local Norwegian audience whilst adhering to Microsoft’s social compliance and channels standards
- Collaborating with Microsoft’s local PR and Communications teams to integrate stories and news into the social content calendar
- Community management
- Tracking performance and monitoring social content performance via Sprinklr (organic)
- Producing social media performance reports, and staying on top of social media trends to continually improve and strengthen the social media presence
- Planning social strategies for events and providing local live event coverage on social media channels.
Who are you going to work with?
You will be employed by Wunderman Thompson MAP and become part of Wunderman Thompson’s Marketing Coordinator Program – a large global community of around 400 employees sitting at the intersection of Microsoft’s marketing and agency teams. As a Social Media Marketing Coordinator, you will join the Social Command Center, which is an expertise group within the Program responsible for coordinating and executing marketing tasks for social campaigns and programs.
Our Marketing Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams. As such, you will be collaborating with local team members, global peers and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson Marketing Coordinator Program - as well as with Microsoft stakeholders.
What do you bring to the table?
You have a broad interest and understanding of various social media (Facebook, X, Instragram, Youtube, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.). You are a strong team player who can collaborate with teams and stakeholders on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented, have solid problem-solving skills and can prioritize between tasks and deadlines. In addition, you have:
- Ideally completed your studies in any marketing-related field
- 2 years of experience in social media, including experience in content and/or community engagement disciplines
- Some experience in creating and delivering content to various target audiences
- Basic project management skills as well as a readiness to assume responsibility for published content, tracking activities progress and meeting critical deadlines
- Solid skills in Microsoft tools and software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Fluency in English and Norwegian is crucial - enabling you to review and produce content with flawless grammar and spelling.
A leader in personalized customer experiences
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading centre of excellence that helps large businesses humanize the relationship between the brand and the customer through hyper personalization at scale, marketing automation and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 55+ nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and proud to be the Global Center of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.