Oct 4, 2022
Mandatory requirement: Please apply in English or your application will not be considered. You must have a legal right to work in Costa Rica.
Are you great at motivating and leading a strong team of specialists? Can you help ensure the continuous development of digital cross-channel marketing for global clients? Do you want an exciting management position in a dynamic and international working environment? Then you might be the Operations Manager we’re looking for in our new Costa Rica office!
What will your day look like?
In the role as our new Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of our daily operations and implementation of new client services. Ensuring the continuous development of staff and services, you will take part in several strategic actions and product conceptualizations.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Overseeing the team's daily operation and workload distribution
- Ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements such as quality assurance and time to market activity
- Recruitment, people management and staff development
- Supporting the Regional Operations Lead and Global Directors
- Monthly reporting on progress and development for clients as well as internal stakeholders
Since we operate in a global environment with global clients covering multiple time zones, we expect you to be flexible with a can-do attitude.
Who are you going to work with?
You will join about +300 skilled colleagues in Marketing Operations who are always ready to help each other. We are proud of our easy-going, dynamic, and multicultural environment where we not only work hard together – but are also great at having fun.
Locally, you will be responsible for a competent team of approx. 10-15 employees. You will be part of the management team in the Marketing Operations department, with colleagues from all over the world, supporting multiple functions, from client services and innovations, to data insights and HR/Finance.
What do you bring to the table?
As a person, you are curious, proactive, and energetic, enabling you to lead and motivate others. You are great at spotting new opportunities, and you act fast while being able to constantly balance between taking charge and making room for others.
Further, we expect that you have:
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships (3-5 years)
- Demonstrated experience with people and performance management as well as recruitment (3-5 years)
- Experience with digital production or marketing, commercialization of services or process optimization
- Strong ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must.
A digital leader within customer relations
Wunderman Thompson MAP is a world-leading Center of Excellence that helps large businesses humanise the relationship between the brand and the customer. We do this through Marketing Automation, Personalisation at scale and CRM.
With the brain of a consultancy, the heart of an agency and the power of technology and data, we work with some of the world's most admired brands to help them on their transformation journey to becoming truly customer-centric.
A global network
At Wunderman Thompson MAP, we are 800+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds. We represent 40+ nationalities, and we collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global Wunderman Thompson network of 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets, and we are proud to be the Global Centre of Excellence for personalized customer experience and marketing automation.
Please note that this job is a full-time position located in San José, Costa Rica, but the selection process will be conducted in English.